Regardless of the escalating number of pro basketball players and NBA executives who embrace cryptoassets, legendary baller Shaquille ‘Shaq’ O’Neal says he has not invested a element of his estimated web worth of USD 400m in crypto, and will in all probability maintain his length from them till he gets a grasp of how blockchain engineering functions.
“I never recognize it,” O’Neal informed CNBC. “So I will probably continue to be away from it right until I get a full comprehending of what it is.”
The former Los Angeles Lakers player recognizes that numerous athletes have entered into partnerships with crypto-targeted businesses or invested their personal property in crypto, but the success stories do very little to force Shaq to enterprise into the market.
“Every time any individual tells me just one of all those great tales, I like it. But from my practical experience, it is as well great to be correct,” he was quoted as expressing.
Some of the most up-to-date examples of such cooperation include Stephen Curry who shoots hoops for the Golden State Warriors. Previously this month, the NBA star joined NFL legend Tom Brady as an ambassador for crypto derivatives exchange FTX, signing a offer that will deliver Curry with an equity stake in the organization.
Lengthy right before the hottest offer, the ball participant was currently concerned in crypto trade, amongst others getting a Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) non-fungible token (NFT) for some ETH 55 (USD 177,316).
An additional NBA participant, Brooklyn Nets guard Spencer Dinwiddie, had prolonged fought the league to have his USD 34.4m deal tokenized, providing it as a bond on ETH.
Meanwhile, with professional athletes ever more eager to acquire payment in crypto, some franchises, these kinds of as the Sacramento Kings, want to offer you bitcoin (BTC) as a payment option to all of their players and coaches, as declared by the team’s operator, Vivek Ranadivé, past April. The entrepreneur said he aimed to permit all staff team to “get paid as substantially of their salary in bitcoin as they want.”
– 2nd-Hand NFT Industry for NBA Prime Shot Packs Appears on eBay
– CryptoKitties Creators Enter NBA
– This NBA Star May well Have a Multi-Million Crypto Strategy
– Scorching Crypto Exchange, NBA Plays Blockchain, Standing Unidentified + More News
– Tremendous Bowl Winner Gronk Established to Auction His Have NFT Collection
– NBA, MLB, E-sporting activities, And Now Bündchen & Brady Sign up for FTX’s Advertising Team
– Fan Tokens Spread to the Basketball Industry Way too
– Messi Pockets Crypto in PSG Offer, Supporter Token Payouts May ‘Incentivize’ Players